BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
CSI is proud to present the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® 3-Day Signature Program
For more than 15 years, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® has provided the ultimate in productivity training for thousands of people and organizations worldwide. Dr. Stephen R. Covey, who recently passed on, was a globally respected leadership authority. His international bestseller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®, was named one of the 10 most influential management books ever by Forbes magazine. Surveys of thousands of people across the United States disclosed that while many people work hard, they are worried about their lack of effectiveness. Turn ineffectiveness to effectiveness with The 7 Habits.®
How You Will Benefit:
What Will Be Covered:
- Develop a clear definition of your top priorities and the results you want.
- Achieve balance and increase productivity through a weekly and daily planning process.
- End self-defeating behavior and gain the necessary security you need to change.
- Develop strong relationships based on mutual trust.
- Be prepared to deal with difficult circumstances before they happen.
Who Should Attend
- Habit 1: Be Proactive—Recognize how choices based on personal experience or beliefs can profoundly impact your effectiveness, both positively and negatively.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind—Develop a clear definition of what is and is not important to you by creating the most important roadmap you'll ever have: Your Personal Mission Statement.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First—Increase the balance and fulfillment of your professional and personal lives by investing a few minutes each day in the same planning process used by many of the world's most successful people.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win—Build a team that finds faster and better solutions through clear expectations, shared responsibilities, and an understanding of priorities.
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood—Develop the skills of effective communication that lead to greater influence and faster problem solving.
- Habit 6: Synergize—Value and celebrate differences and understand how they contribute to more innovative and intelligent solutions.
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw—Maintain and increase your newfound effectiveness by continually renewing yourself mentally and physically.
Attendees will receive:
- Anyone who manages multiple projects, faces expanding workloads, tight time lines and increased uncertainty.
About your instructor:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®—This bestselling book provides the basis for the concepts taught in this seminar.
- Participant Guidebook—A manual filled with examples and exercises.
- All course faculty are trained and certified experts in Franklin Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® curriculum.
Bill Dubovsky, founder and Principal Technology Officer of Comtel Information Services, has a proven track record of business effectiveness spanning over 30 years of revenue enhancement and expense in both emerging businesses as well as the Fortune 500. During his career at Digital Equipment Corporation (currently Hewlett-Packard Corporation), he earned positions of increasing responsibility in corporate training, field service, and sales and marketing management, consistently achieving top corporate sales and excellence awards. Bill is a public speaker, facilitator, writer, teacher and a recipient of the Louis R. Miller Award for Emerging Businesses (1998).
The 3-Day Signature Program will be taught on Friday (9am-5pm), Saturday (9am-5pm) and Sunday (9am-1pm) on the following dates:
F/Sa/Su, April 4, 5
THREE SESSIONS 7HABITS: $399
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The Administrative Assistant Certificate Program is geared toward the entry level office assistant who has basic skills in WORD and EXCEL.
WORD is the premiere word processing program in use today and increasing your knowledge of this program is essential. Students will concentrate on formatting documents to look professional and learn to create templates, work with tables and columns and some advanced skills like Mail Merge, Table of Contents and Track Changes.
EXCEL is the industry standard for spreadsheets. It features calculation and graphing tools that students will use to complete expense reports, invoices, charts etc. Students will create workbooks, move or copy worksheets from one file to another, create formulas and charts.
Students will also work with OUTLOOK. Microsoft OUTLOOK is a personal information manager used mainly as an email application, but it also includes a calendar, task manager, and contact manager and is essential to managing your work and time or the schedule of one’s superior.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
- Office Management
- Effective Interpersonal Relations
- Business writing and Communication
- Meeting and Conference Planning
- Presentation Skills
Prepared students will have a folder or binder for handouts, a notebook and pen/pencil for notes, and it is recommended that students obtain a Flash Drive (USB Key, Thumb Drive, etc.) for storing class files and information. A Flash Drive that 4 gigabytes is recommended. A computer at home or some other location that has Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 installed is necessary for practicing and reinforcing the lessons covered in class.
M/F, March 10-May 12: 6:30pm-9:30pm
16 SESSIONS ADMIN01: $950
MODERN BOOKKEEPING SYSTEMS CERTIFICATE
Admission to this program requires a passing score on the Workforce Development Admissions Test. Please call 718.982.2182.
Modern Bookkeeping Systems is comprised of bookkeeping and basic accounting practices combined with Microsoft Word and Excel Programs. Students will also be exposed to QuickBooks Software associated with accounting and bookkeeping practices. Students need to be computer literate and have keyboarding skills and good basic math skills. For employability, all participants should plan to receive a high school diploma or GED by program completion.
Learn basic bookkeeping and accounting practices relating to private businesses and corporations. Primary emphasis is on the accounting cycle.
Continued advancement in bookkeeping/accounting practices; learn the basics of Microsoft Word and Excel. Apply your accounting knowledge to these computer programs in several class projects.
MODULE III-QUICKBOOKS I
May be taken as a stand-alone certificate
Learn the best-selling accounting software program. This class will take you through the steps of creating a new company, setting up accounts and lists for automated transactions, preparing statements, and managing inventory. This course may be taken as a separate certificate from Modules I and II.
QuickBooks Certificate only:
TBD: Fall 2014
EIGHT SESSIONS B100: $500
Entire Bookkeeping Certificate:
TBD: Fall 2014
FORTY SIX SESSIONS MB100: $1,800
North Administration Building (2A) Suite (201)