ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM
CUNY LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAM (CLIP)
CLIP is a special low-cost* English language immersion program for students who are non-native speakers of English. CLIP classes help students improve their academic English skills and become better prepared for college.
CLIP is an intensive ESL program for students who want to attend college, or have already been admitted to college.
*The fees for the Fall 2013 term are:
- Spring 2014 classes begin February 4, 2014, and finish June 10, 2014.
- Daytime classes meet Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm and Wednesday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Evening classes meet Monday- Friday from 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm.
- CLIP provides intensive instruction in English language skills, including reading and writing, plus instruction in computer and research skills-skills that are essential for a successful college career.
- Students in the Advanced Level class will automatically retake theiR CUNY assessment tests at the end of the semester.
- Students can be enrolled in CLIP for three semesters. At the end of the third semester they have to re-take the assessment test(s), but the CLIP Director can decide that they are ready to take the test(s) earlier, based on their work in class.
- CLIP is an affordable "first-step" for students as they begin their college career. The program fees (including books) are as follows:
- NY Residents: $180
- Non-Residents: $450
- Public Assistance recipients: $45
- Students who decide to register for CLIP will defer their use of Financial Aid and put themselves in a better position to earn a degree once they are enrolled in college.
- Residents: $180
- Non-residents: $450
- Public Assistance Recipients/SEEK students: $45
To get more information you may visit the CLIP office in Room 4N-207, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 718.982.3069.
Check out our page on Facebook:
CLIP at the College of Staten Island
Check our our website too!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ACADEMY
The English Language Institute of the Center for International Service offers: small class sizes with excellent opportunities to use English through intensive English language instruction and cultural orientation, twenty classroom hours of instruction per week, and all aspects of spoken and written English (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). Classes range from beginner to advanced levels of proficiency.
Workshops are available for formal test preparation, such as the TOEFL, IELTS and CAT-W and ACT exams.
Four month sessions typically begin in January, May, and early September.
Three month sessions begin in March, June, and October.
Individual classes are available depending on visa status.
All classes are fee based.
Evening classes and tutoring sessions are now available on request.
ELI offers international events: lectures and workshops that help students understand U.S. culture and institutions, culture day, coffee hours. Students receive a certificate after completion of each session. Students applying to ELI must complete an application, provide proof of financial support (for non-immigrants in F or J status), and pay a $100 application fee and a document processing fee, if issuing an I-20.
ELI works with the CSI admissions staff in providing assistance to students interested in applying to CSI for an undergraduate or graduate degree.
For questions call 718-982-2100 email email@example.com or check ELI's website at
http://www,csi.cuny.edu/international and click on ‘Welcome to the Center for International Service’.
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/englishinnewyork
Increase your English proficiency and broaden your academic and professional opportunities.
ELI is a member of AAIEP.
100 Merrill Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
Please use the following address for all correspondences
College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, NY 10314